Does a Wreck Commissioner or Sheriff have the power to cancel or suspend a certificate of competency?

Yes, if he is satisfied that an officer caused or contributed to an accident. He may alternatively censure the officer. Legal costs may also be awarded against the officer.

What do you think?

138 Points
Upvote Downvote

Written by Ship Inspection

Leave a Reply

What is a “Section 61 Inquiry”?

Can a Court of Formal Investigation order a ship’s officer to attend as a witness?