How does a shipowner usually obtain hull and machinery insurance in the UK?

Through an insurance broker, from (1) underwriters at Lloyd’s or (2) companies at the International Underwriting Association of London (IUA) or (3) a combination of both.

What do you think?

138 Points
Upvote Downvote

Written by Ship Inspection

Leave a Reply

Does insurance have to be obtained entirely in one market?

How does a shipowner normally insure against third party liabilities such as oil pollution claims, cargo claims and personal injury claims?