What cover would hull and machinery insurance obtained in London normally give a shipowner?

Cover against: (1) actual total loss or constructive total loss of his ship’s hull, machinery and equipment; 

(2) accidental (particular average) damage to his ship’s hull, machinery and equipment; (3) three-fourths of his liability to owners of other vessels (or their cargoes) with which his ship collides (collision liability); (4) liability for general average charges; (5) liability for salvage charges.


What do you think?

138 Points
Upvote Downvote

Written by Ship Inspection

Leave a Reply

Is it impossible to obtain more than three-fourths collision liability cover in London?

How does an insurance broker (traditionally) go about obtaining hull and machinery insurance cover in London on behalf of a shipowner?