What records should be made on board following the discharge in the previous question?

(1) An entry should be made in the appropriate Oil Record Book (Part 1 or Part 2, or both) under “Accidental or other exceptional discharges of oil”.Β 

(2) The grounding should be recorded in the Official Log Book. (3) The pollution should be recorded as a non-conformity with the ship’s Safety Management System and procedure in the SMS should be used to report it.


What do you think?

138 Points
Upvote Downvote

Written by Ship Inspection

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

A UK container ship loses several containers overboard in heavy weather. Some of them contain dangerous goods; others contain marine pollutants. What reports should be made?

A UK ship accidentally grounds in coastal waters, and oil is subsequently seen on the water surface. What reports must be made?