Which ships require a UK Load Line Certificate?

UK ships which are not Convention-size ships and other UK ships not plying on international voyages. MCA Instructions for the Guidance of Surveyors states that UK Load Line Certificates should be used only for “new ships” (i. e. built after 21 July 1968) of less than 24 m in length or “existing ships” of less than 150 GT.

What do you think?

138 Points
Upvote Downvote

Written by Ship Inspection

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

What do the following letters mean on a ship’s load line: AB; BV; GL; LR; NV; RI; NK; DT?

What ship types are commonly assigned a “greater than minimum freeboard”?