When arriving at a foreign port with stowaways on board, what financial document may the master be required (under local law) to sign in respect of the stowaways?

A bond, sometimes for a large amount of money, for each stowaway on board. (In Singapore, for example, the bond amount in 2008 was USD 10,000. ) The port authorities will enforce these bonds if the stowaways are found missing from the ship at the time of outward clearance.


What do you think?

138 Points
Upvote Downvote

Written by Ship Inspection

Leave a Reply

What modes of lay-up are used by shipowners?