A ship is flagging-in to the UK register. What changes in the ship’s statutory documentation will be required?

(1) The previous registry must be cancelled;Β 

(2) UK registry must be obtained and a Certificate of British Registry issued; (3) all statutory certificates issued by or under the authority of the previous flag State Administration must be cancelled; (4) UK statutory certificates must be issued by or on behalf of the MCA (after survey where required); (6) a UK Official Log Book, Crew Agreement and List of Crew and GMDSS log must be opened; and (7) a new Continuous Synopsis Record (CSR) Form 1 must be obtained from the MCA. Simplified inspection procedures apply when the transfer is between EU Member State flags, as was explained in MSN 1782 (which is now cancelled).


Share this:

Written by Ship Inspection

Leave a Reply

What changes in a ship’s markings are required when the ship is flagged in to the UK register?

What is tonnage tax?