A UK ship outside UK controlled waters is involved in an accident, incident, a discharge or probable discharge or a pollution event, or a ship is involved in a discharge or probable discharge of dangerous packaged goods, which are likely to be a threat to

(a) The identity of the ship; (b) the time and location of the incident; (c) the quantity and type of dangerous goods involved and; (d) details of assistance and salvage measures. (MSN 1831, Annex C, section C)

Share this:

Written by Ship Inspection

Leave a Reply

A ship is within UK controlled waters. Who must a report of an accident or incident be sent to?

A slick of polluting goods or containers or packages drifting at sea is seen from a ship in UK controlled waters. What information must be reported under the VTM Regulations?