Can a short term certificate be issued to allow a damaged ship to sail to a repair yard?

Yes. A vessel which has suffered damage may be specially considered and permitted to sail on a single voyage to effect repairs. In this case the existing certificate will be cancelled and a short term certificate which stipulates any special conditions will be issued for the single voyage.

Share this:

Written by Ship Inspection

Leave a Reply

What ship certificates carried by most UK ships might be called “non-statutory” under UK law?

The MCA issues both “full term” and “short term” certificates. What is the difference between a “full term certificate” and a “short term certificate”?