Hatchways. The hatchways are the rectangular openings in the ship’s decks giving access to the cargo holds. The vertical plating around the hatchways is called the “hatch coaming”. The hatchways are usually closed by hatch covers. The hatchways are made weather tight.


Share this:

Written by Ship Inspection

Leave a Reply

Hatch beams or hatch webs

Head charter