How should a master go about extending his protest?

In strict conformity with local law regarding time limits, procedure and content.ย 

The extension need not be made in the same port as the original protest. The master should go to a notary, British consul or other authorized official with the original protestย  and relevant additional documents (e.g. surveyors’ report). He should make a sworn statement before the notary or consul, who will attach authenticated copies of relevant documents, and sign and seal the protest. He should pay the fee and obtain copies and a receipt.


Share this:

Written by Ship Inspection

Leave a Reply

What is a Letter of Protest?

Is it legally necessary to extend protest in the UK to safeguard owners’ interests?