How should application be made for a survey of a UK ship?

In the UK, the owner, manager or operator should apply to the appropriate Certifying Authority (MCA or class society) well before the survey is due. For a ship abroad, application should be made to the certifying class society or, if MCA is the certifying authority, to a Proper Officer, e. g. a British consul.

Share this:

Written by Ship Inspection

Leave a Reply

What publications are available to owners and masters that explain what MCA surveyors will examine in ship surveys and inspections?

What is meant by the “scope” of a survey or inspection?