If a death or loss overboard from a UK ship occurs outside the 12-mile limit, who will have jurisdiction to hold the inquiry?

A senior MCA Superintendent in the UK, or a Proper Officer abroad.

Share this:

Written by Ship Inspection

Leave a Reply

What Official Log Book entries are required in relation to death inquiries?

In what circumstances will a UK coroner have jurisdiction to hold an inquest, following a death on a ship or loss of someone from a ship?