In addition to a valid certificate of competency, what special qualification is required to serve as master or officer in any high speed craft?

A Type Rating Certificate (TRC). A TRC must be held by every officer with an operational role serving in any kind of HSC (including hovercraft), in addition to a valid certificate of competency as required by the vessel’s Safe Manning Document.

Share this:

Written by Ship Inspection

Leave a Reply

What training is required for the master and all officers with operational roles serving on UK high-speed craft?

Do the General Training and Approved Training requirements for ro-ro passenger ship personnel also apply to personnel on UK highspeed ro-ro passenger craft?