In the case of accidents occurring in UK ports to stevedores or shore-based workers, or accidents occurring in UK shipyards, who is the appropriate body to report to?

In England, Scotland and Wales, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), and in Northern Ireland, the Health and Safety Executive of Northern Ireland J (HSENI).

Share this:

Written by Ship Inspection

Leave a Reply

Whilst a ship is in a drydock in Great Britain, a ship repair worker slips on a patch of oil on the deck and falls, breaking his leg. Who should report this incident, and to whom?

What guidance does the MAIB give on its website regarding the content of descriptive text in accident reports?