In what way should the master of a newbuilding, or a ship changing its operations, be involved in obtaining a Safe Manning Document for a UK ship?

IMSN 1767 states: “Owners and operators should consult with the master, seafarers’ representatives and the MCA (where appropriate) on their proposed manning levels. Once agreed, a record of the consultation process should be retained by the owner or operator, together with a record of the agreed manning level.”

Share this:

Written by Ship Inspection

Leave a Reply

What will the MCA require where agreement cannot be reached between the Company and the master or seafarers’ representatives on the manning levels?

Resolutions A. 890(21) and A. 955(23) are revoked by Resolution A. 1047(27), which contains new Principles of Safe Manning. From what date is the new Resolution applicable?