What advice to ships’ masters is given in Oil Record Books on obtaining receipts from reception facilities?

Ship’s masters should obtain from the operator of the reception facilities, which includes barges and tank trucks, a receipt or certificate detailing the quantity of tank washings, dirty ballast, residues or oily mixtures transferred, together with the time and date of the transfer. This receipt or certificate, if attached to the Oil Record Book (Part 1) or (Part 2), as appropriate, may aid the master of the ship in proving that his ship was not involved in an alleged pollution incident. The receipt or certificate should be kept together with the Oil Record Book (Part 1) or (Part 2).


Share this:

Written by Ship Inspection

Leave a Reply

What inspections of garbage disposal arrangements may be made in a UK port?

What record should be made of the use of an oil reception facility?