What are the two main types of marine insurance usually obtained by owners of seagoing ships?

(1) Hull and machinery insurance; and (2) P&I cover.

Share this:

Written by Ship Inspection

Leave a Reply

In addition to hull and machinery insurance and P&I cover, what forms of marine insurance may be required by owners of UK ships?

Just before sailing, the chief mate informs the master that the cargo loaded is 4000 tonnes short of the charter party figure. What should the master do?