What kinds of inquiry and investigation may be held in the UK concerning marine accidents?

(1) An MAIB investigation (under The Merchant Shipping (Accident Reporting and Investigation) Regulations 2005); (2) a Formal Investigation (under the Merchant Shipping Act 1995); and/or (3) where a death has occurred: a “Section 271 Inquiry” or a Coroner’s Inquest, depending on where it occurred.

Share this:

Written by Ship Inspection

Leave a Reply

What kinds of inquiry may be held in the UK concerning seafarers’ competence or conduct?

Which website enables any M Notice to be quickly found using its number, title, subject or keywords?