What pollution liability certificate must be carried by certain ships in US waters?

A Certificate of Financial Responsibility (Water Pollution), often called a “COFR”, must be carried by ships of over 300 GT using the navigable waters of the US or any port or place subject to the jurisdiction of the US. Some US states (e. g. California) require (in addition) a State COFR if entering their waters.

Share this:

Written by Ship Inspection

Leave a Reply

What certificates may be issued under the provisions of the Load Line Convention?

What pollution liability certificates must ships have under IMO conventions?