Who are the first people a shipowner should contact whenever his vessel has been involved in a casualty?

(1) His insurance broker, who will take steps to appoint a surveyor to attend on behalf of underwriters;Β 

and (2) an average adjuster, who will give the necessary assistance to protect the shipowner’s position and will consider the position of other parties such as hull insurers, cargo interests, charterers, owners of the colliding vessel and salvors.


Share this:

Written by Ship Inspection

Leave a Reply

In what circumstances might a constructive total loss be declared?

Where there is a fire in a cargo and it is extinguished by releasing the ship’s CO2, how would the loss be adjusted?