Would it be appropriate for the British master of a Liberian-flagged ship to go to a British Consulate in a foreign port on the ship’s business?

No. British consuls have no responsibility for the affairs of ships other than British ships, i. e. Red Ensign Group ships. The Liberian government representative (if any) in the port would be the appropriate person to go to in this case. The master would be able to seek the assistance of the British consul on personal business, however (e. g. if he had lost his passport).

Share this:

Written by Ship Inspection

Leave a Reply

What are the functions of the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) in connection with ships, and where does it exercise them?

Do all foreign countries have British Embassies?