A foreign-certificated deck or engineer officer is joining a UK ship but does not yet have a CEC. What document should he or she have?

A Confirmation of Receipt of Application – Certificate of Equivalent Competency, a specimen of which was at Annex 2 to MIN 340 (now expired).

Share this:

Written by Ship Inspection

Leave a Reply

How can it be ascertained whether a Medical Fitness Certificate issued in a foreign country is acceptable for service on a UK ship?

What checks should the master of a UK ship make when engaging a non-UK deck or engineer officer on a Crew Agreement?