A ship is delayed on a voyage to a survey port where her harmonised certificates are due to be renewed. How should a request be made for an extension of the validity of the certificates?

The master should send a written request to MCA, Southampton stating: the ship’s identity; the certificates concerned; when/where the renewal survey was due to be held; the reason why the survey must be delayed; when/where the survey can now be held; and his personal confirmation that the items covered by the surveys due are in good order.

Share this:

Written by Ship Inspection

Leave a Reply

What would be the effect where the master could not give his personal confirmation mentioned in the last answer?

For how long may certificates covered by the HSSC be extended, and for what purpose?