A UK ship accidentally grounds in coastal waters, and oil is subsequently seen on the water surface. What reports must be made?

(1) A standard Harmful Substances (HS) report to the nearest coast radio station or coastguard station, as described in MGN 242; (2) a report to the MAIB as described in MGN 458 and (3) a report to the owners or managers. The coastal State’s law may require additional reports within its pollution control zone.

Share this:

Written by Ship Inspection

Leave a Reply

What records should be made on board following the discharge in the previous question?

What are the various types of report detailed in the Standard Reporting Requirements in MGN 242?