A UK ship is to enter or leave a UK port but is not entered with a P&I club. What do the Regulations require in such a case?

Where a shipowner relies on self-insurance or some other form of financial security, written permission must be obtained from the Secretary of State for Transport (in practice the MCA) for the ship to enter or leave a UK port.

Share this:

Written by Ship Inspection

Leave a Reply

Do shipowners insure the cargoes their ships carry?

Will the Compulsory Insurance Regulations mean additional certification on most ships?