Before a STS transfer can take place in a harbour area, what must the harbour authority obtain from the MCA?

An Oil Transfer Licence. (Licences will only be issued to harbour areas with a fully worked-up oil spill contingency plan, trained personnel and the necessary equipment for responding to spills.)

Share this:

Written by Ship Inspection

Leave a Reply

Which chapter of MARPOL Annex I concerns STS operations?

What operations may be exempted from application of the STS Regulations?