Before a UK ship’s departure from port, what notice must be displayed in accordance with the Load Line Regulations, and what must be entered on it?

A Draught of Water and Freeboard Notice (MCA form MSF 2004, formerly FRE 13). The master must enter on it the ship’s assigned freeboards and the particulars of loading, including: date and place of loading; actual draughts (forward, aft and mean); mean freeboards (actual and corrected); signatures of the master and an officer.


Share this:

Written by Ship Inspection

Leave a Reply

Which regulations contain the UK requirements for making “hazmat notifications”?

Does a master have any defence to a charge of overloading in port?