If seamen making a rightful complaint about provisions or water are dissatisfied with the master’s action or inaction in response to it, what may they do?

The seamen may take their complaint to a superintendent or proper officer (i. e. an MCA superintendent in the UK or a British consul or a shipping master or marine officer in a UK overseas territory). (MSA 1995, s. 44(2))

Share this:

Written by Ship Inspection

Leave a Reply

What records should be made when there is a complaint about provisions or water?

Under what conditions do seamen in a UK ship have a statutory right to complain to the master, and what is the master required to do about any rightful complaint?