To whom must application be made for in-water survey of a UK ship?

To the appropriate certifying authority. For a passenger ship this is normally the MCA (who issue Passenger Certificates and Passenger Ship Safety Certificates), although class surveyors may carry out the hull survey. For non- passenger ships the classification society usually issues the Cargo Ship Safety Construction Certificate.

Share this:

Written by Ship Inspection

Leave a Reply

What is the MCA’s principal condition of its acceptance of any proposed in-water survey?

Which UK ships are not eligible for in- water surveys?