What documents, similar to a SOPEP, may be required under US law for a voyage to US waters?

A federal Vessel Response Plan (VRP), as required by US federal law, and, for entering waters of certain US states (such as California), a state VRP as required by the law of each state whose waters are entered. Details of requirements can be obtained by shipowners from the P&I club in which the ship is entered.

Share this:

Written by Ship Inspection

Leave a Reply

What are the SOLAS requirements relating to provision of an emergency towing procedure on board ships?

Who must approve a SOPEP, SMPEP (NLS) or SMPEP for a UK ship?