What should the master of a UK ship do if a foreign port official doubts the authenticity of a faxed Extension Certificate stapled to the relevant certificate?

He should refer the matter to a Proper Officer, e. g. a British consul. Proper Officers have authority to authenticate extended certificates in these cases.

Share this:

Written by Ship Inspection

Leave a Reply

Which UK regulations impose special survey requirements on ro-ro passenger ferries and high-speed craft?

How will the MCA reply to a certificate extension request, and what should be done with their reply message?