Where a ship is carrying dangerous goods in bulk, e. g. bulk liquid chemicals, must any documents be carried in addition to the required list, manifest or stowage plan?

Yes, the ship must carry any additional special documents where required for dangerous goods or marine pollutants by the IMSBC Code, the BCH Code, the IBC Code, the IGC Code or the Gas Carrier Code (GC Code). These might include a solid bulk cargo density declaration, a Certificate of Test of a substance, a Certificate of Fitness, etc.

What do you think?

Written by Ship Inspection


Leave a Reply

GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings



What are EmS and MFAG, and where are they found?

What documentation relating to a bulk cargo of dangerous goods must the master ensure is carried on board?