Who will the shipowner need to notify for assistance following a casualty?

Apart from the average adjuster: (1) hull and machinery insurers; (2) the P&I club; (3) the classification society; (4) a general average surveyor in the general interest; (5) solicitors; (6) ship’s agent at port of refuge; (7) charterers.

Share this:

Written by Ship Inspection

Leave a Reply

Where should a master make for after refloating or sustaining major damage at sea?

Who will a shipowner usually appoint on learning of a casualty involving his ship?