What should the master of a UK ship do if there are concerns about security provisions at an overseas port?

Check the IMO list of compliant ports (on the IMO website) and/or request a Declaration of Security from the port. If there are still concerns, the master should notify the shipowner who should then contact DfT Maritime Security.

What do you think?

138 Points
Upvote Downvote

Written by Ship Inspection

Leave a Reply

Who sets the port security level and how does a shipmaster find out what it is?

What is the master of a UK ship expected to do if a foreign port or another ship it is interfacing with does not meet ISPS Code security requirements?